Labels

Sunday, 13 May 2012

EXAMS.

This is the time of year I dread! I feel as if I have been doing exams for my whole life. Little did I know that it wasn't all smooth sailing after the leaving cert . College exams are equally as much pressure. This is what works for me in regards to getting through exams.





I make plans for after exams.
This gives me something to look forward to after the exams. In a way , its a treat/reward for finishing the exams.  It motivates me to keep going. For example after these exams I am going on a night out with friends and then going to California shortly after. It reminds me that there is more to life then the exams.

I study the subjects I find boring first.
I am currently studying social studies in college. This course comes with diverse subjects, just like the Leaving Cert. Not all subjects suit me or are , in my eyes. interesting. Economics was probably the exam I was dreading the  most! I tried to do as much as I could of economics at the start of a study day, when I was most focused. As the day progressed I did the subjects I enjoyed. Studying something you have an interest in is so much easier. For me this was social work and psychology . 
For anyone who is studying economics, leaving cert or introduction to economics in college I highly recommend this website : http://www.khanacademy.org/#microeconomics
It helped me so much. The website also has many other subjects such as chemistry etc, which are equally as good , from what I hear.






I study for 30 minutes at a time.
Personally, I can only study for 30 minutes MAX before my concentration goes. I have a timer that beeps every time 30 mins is up. The only flaw with taking so many study breaks is if you don't pay attention to how long a break your taking , you can waste the whole day . I normally try to take 10 minute breaks. Then after I have done 3 hours of study I take an hour long break and watch a TV show or something equally as unproductive. Tea breaks are essential!!!!





1 comment: